mLogic has announced that the company is now shipping its innovative mTape backup and archiving solution to customers worldwide. mTape is the industrys first LTO-6 tape drive to feature Thunderbolt connectivity and the first tape drive system to receive Thunderbolt certification from Apple Inc. and Intel Corporation.
- The worlds first Thunderbolt-enabled LTO-6 tape drive
- Thunderbolt certified by Apple and Intel
- Supports LTFS for drag and drop functionality
- Two Thunderbolt ports for daisy-chaining
- SAS expansion port (enables writing to two or more LTO drives simultaneously)
- Compatible with backup/archive software from Archiware, Imagine Products, StorageDNA, TOLIS, YoYotta and others
- Portable form factor with rugged, light-weight aluminum construction
DC powered for operation in any environment
“We are thrilled to announce that our mTape LTO-6 system has received Thunderbolt certification and is now shipping to customers, said Roger Mabon,” CEO of mLogic. “mTape is the first LTO-6 tape drive to feature Thunderbolt connectivity and is the ideal backup and archiving solution for users of laptops, all-in-one computers and the new Mac Pro. LTO tape offers the lowest cost per TB of any storage medium and more importantly has an archival life of 30 plus years – significantly longer than external hard drives sitting on a shelf. mTape is an affordable and easy to use tool that solves the challenges of long-term archiving of digital assets.
“Providing an LTO-6 tape drive solution with Thunderbolt connectivity offers creative professionals a high-speed, plug and play solution to securely backup and archive large amounts of digital media,” said Jason Ziller, Marketing Director for Thunderbolt, Intel. mLogics mTape with Thunderbolt dramatically simplifies the process of safeguarding content produced in todays file-based workflows.”
Pricing and Availability
mTape is available now from mLogics global network of authorized resellers and distributors and direct from mLogic at www.mlogic.com/products/mtape. MSRP is $3,599.