Sony MCX-500: 4-Input HD-SDI & Streaming Switcher
The new MCX-500 is an all-in-one switcher system ideal for live events or corporate productions, and designed to work alongside the NX5R and the RM-30BP for multi-camera operation. The MCX-500 sends PGM/PVW tally signals to each HXR-NX5R. This feature allows operators to know which camera is selected for live, allowing content creators to handle projects that previously would have required more assistants or a larger team.
Whatever the event, its simple to give your customer an immediate recording of the event thanks to a built-in SD Card slot no external recorder needed or time lost assembling a post-event cut.
To minimise your workload, the MCX-500 offers hassle-free integration with camcorders such as the HXR-NX5R. The lightweight RM-30BP remote controller allows you to control all the key features of suitable camcorders while sitting at your control desk. It also allows tally signals to be sent to connected camcorders, so a camera operator knows when
each camcorder is on-air. Work faster, more efficiently with MCX-500s advanced workflow.
The MCX-500 makes it easy for a single operator to run a professional live event. Multi-view monitoring puts all your sources on a single display. To keep your eyes on the action, all the main functions are accessible via physical controls that are easy to operate without looking away from the action for a second. More advanced features can be tuned to your exact workflow requirements and mapped to an LCD touch-screen control with customisable ICON buttons. You can even remote operate or extend the control functions of the MCX-500 via PC, Mac or Tablet over Ethernet or WiFi*.
* Power requirement DC 12V, Approx. 2.2A *1
* Dimensions (W x H x D) 362 43.5 206 mm (Approx.)
* Mass Approx. 2.2 kg *1
* Video format 1080/59.94i Hz (60i) 1080/50i Hz (50i)
* Protocol Mpeg-2 TS/UDP
* Format AVCHD, XAVC S *2
* Media Memory Stick ProDuo, SDHC
* Function Input : 8 Primary Video inputs Title, 4 Channel
* 1 M/E + 2 Keyer (1 x PinP, 1 x Title)
* Output : PGM OutputMulti View Output
* Key Type Luminance Key / Chroma key
* Function Input: Analog Stereo(x1) / Stereo Embedded Audio inputs(x4)
* Mixing: Stereo Mixing (x5)
* Output: PGM (Stereo) (x1)
* SDI BNC (x4), 75 , 3G SDI/HD/SD
* SMPTE 292M/259M/424M/425M
* HDMI Type A (x2)
* (20x480/576, 1280x720, 1920x1080)
* VIDEO input BNC (x1), NTSC/PAL
* VIDEO: 1.0 Vp-p 75 , negative sync
* RGB D-Sub Shrink 15-pin (x1) (Female) (1600x1200)
* HD SDI BNC (x1, PGM) 75 , 1.5 Gbps, 270 Mbps
* SMPTE 292M
* HDMI HDMI (Type A) (x1, PGM) (720x480/576, 1280x720, 1920x1080)
* HDMI (Type A) (x1, Multi View) (720x480/576, 1280x720, 1920x1080)
* VIDEO output BNC (x1)
* VIDEO: 1.0 Vp-p 75 , negative sync
* Embedded audio input SDI/HDMI
* Analog input XLR (x1)
* Audio output
* Embedded audio output SDI/HDMI
* Analog output Phono jack (CH-1, CH-2)
* Headphones Stereo mini jack (x1), RJ-45 (x2, PC UI Streaming)
* LAN RJ-45 (x2, PC UI Streaming),
* 100BASE-TX, 1000BASE-T
* USB2.0 USB Type-miniB (x1)
* Option 3.5mm jack (x1)
* TALLY D-Sub Shrink 15-pin (x1) (Female)
Veydra Cinema Lenses: for MFT, E-mount, FZ mount, C mount
Veydra cinema primes are small, light-weight, high quality prime lenses that compete in terms of qualitywith some of the high-end lenses on the market.
Initially funded through a Kickstarter project, the Veydra lenses work native with the Micro Four Thirds mount. Veydra lenses are also available in Sony E-mount, Sony FZ mount, and C mount.
There are 5 Veydra primes available: 12mm, 16mm, 25mm, 35mm, 50mm, and 85mm. All these lenses can be used on Micro Four Thirds mounts, while the 25mm, 35mm, 50mm and 85mm can be used for the larger formats - Super 35 and Full-frame coverage.
This video piece shows the results of filming with the Veydra lenses on location in the far North of Scotland using 3 separate cameras. The high quality images clearly show what is possible to achieve with the Veydra lenses. These represent value compared to more expensive cinema lenses. Some say the Veydra’s stand up to lenses which 3 -5 time more expensive.
FayIn by Fayteq: advanced motion tracking for After Effects
Recorded live at the Amsterdam SuperMeet, September 11, 2016.
"High quality motion tracking and compositing that's fast and simple to use," Adam Garston.
As the lines between post-production departments start to blur, fayteq presents fayIN, a motion tracking and compositing plug-in that is simple enough to be used in the edit, but powerful enough for finished graphics.