mTape Extreme is designed for maximum reliability for 24/7 mission critical environments. The enterprise level error checking on mTape Extreme means that the chance of a bit error occurs only once every 12,499 Petabytes – this is five orders of magnitude greater reliability than enterprise SATA hard drive technology.
mTape Extreme Highlights
- The world’s first 10TB tape drive with Thunderbolt connectivity
- Supports LTFS for drag and drop functionality
- Integrated high-speed, 8-drive Thunderbolt RAID
- Compact 2U rack-mountable enclosure
- Compatible with the leading LTFS backup/archive software
Mac and Windows compatible
“We are thrilled to announce mTape Extreme the latest addition to our line of Thunderbolt tape backup and archiving solutions”, said Roger Mabon, CEO of mLogic. “mTape Extreme is designed for content creation professionals who are pushing the envelope in their creative workflows. For these users who require the ultimate in performance, highest capacity and unparalleled data integrity, mTape Extreme is in a class by itself.”
mTape Extreme will be available in December
- mLogic is also showcasing the following new line up of mTape products at IBC 2014;
- mTape R – 1U dual-drive LTO-6 Thunderbolt solution!
- mTape R Pro – 2U dual-drive LTO-6 Thunderbolt solution with 8-drive RAID
- mTape SAS – LTO-6 desktop SAS tape drive