Digital Anarchy has announced Flicker Free 1.0 for Avid Systems. Flicker Free gives Avid editors a powerful new tool that easily fixes a wide range of problems that cause footage to flicker. Flicker Free analyzes on the fly, renders quickly, and easily produces beautiful flicker free footage. There are presets for many different types of flicker, allowing it to easily fit into any editors workflow. The goal of Digital Anarchy is to produce software that just works. Easy to use but extremely powerful.
“Flicker Free is a fantastic tool. It works way better than anything I’ve ever tried, even on really tough footage.” – Brian Maffitt, co-founder of Total Training
Flicker is a problem that affects many types of video footage.
- Camera/Light (LED, Fluorescent) sync problems causing rolling bands
- Time lapse suffers from variation in exposures
- Archival footage flickers because of old cameras or lights
- Slow Motion (or High Speed) Video can be affected by the flickering of electric lights
- TVs and computer monitors cause flickering when out of sync with the camera
Flicker Free de-flickers all these types of footage and more. It’s an incredibly powerful tool to fix a problem that sometimes renders video footage unusable. It analyzes the footage and smoothes out the luminance over multiple frames, giving the video a consistent brightness. Only the luminance is adjusted, the rest of the image looks exactly as it was meant to be, sharp and colorful.
Flicker Free is resolution independent and will work on any sized footage from 30 megapixel image sequences to film, 4K, and HD. This lets Flicker Free fit easily into the Avid workflow.
“We’re extremely excited about Flicker Free.“said Jim Tierney, President of Digital Anarchy. “It’s already been one of our most successful plugins on other platforms, and I think Avid users will be pretty impressed when they see how effective it is on their footage. It’s very powerful and very easy to use.”
- Ease of Use: The simple UI and presets makes it fast and easy to find the perfect settings for your footage. There’s no need to analyze histograms, re-time footage, or other complex tasks.
- Presets: Presets for many different types of flicker makes it easy to deflicker video footage.
- Analyze on the Fly: You can get to work quickly. Flicker Free adjusts the brightness on every frame and doesn’t require any ‘pre-analysis’.
- Removes Flicker: De-flickers time lapse, slow motion, and archival footage to produce a consistent brightness across all frames.
- Removes Rolling Bands: This is usually caused by the refresh rate of LED or fluorescent lights, TVs, and monitors being out of sync with the camera.
Pricing and Availability
Flicker Free is regularly priced at $149 USD. The Avid version is $99 until Feb. 28th.
Flicker Free runs in Avid Media Composer, Avid NewsCutter, Avid DS and other applications that support AVX2 plugins. Other versions of Flicker Free support Adobe After Effects, Adobe Premiere Pro, Apple Final Cut Pro 7 & X, Davinci Resolve, and Assimilate Scratch.
The product runs on Macintosh 10.6 and above, Windows XP and above, and 32- or 64-bit systems.