Designed for the cinematographer, the Phantom Flex4K is a high-speed camera providing exceptional flexibility through its frame rate capabilities and by adapting to different shooting styles. The super-35mm 4K sensor provides sharp, detailed images with extremely low noise and high dynamic range. The Flex4K is capable of shooting from 15 frames-per-second (fps) up to 1,000 fps at 4K, and up to 2,000 fps at 2K/1080p.
The camera lets you customize the workflow that makes sense for your production. The Cine raw format ensures the fastest high-speed capture on set and maximum quality and versatility for post-production. Files are saved to the hot-swappable Phantom CineMag® IV (up to 2TB). The three main 3G HD-SDI video outputs support dual-link 4K video and advanced scaling when set to 1080p. Vision Research also has announced plans to introduce in-camera compression via a firmware update in early 2014.
The full-featured on-camera control interface eliminates the need to connect to a computer on set. All camera parameters can be set from the built in menu on the right side of the camera body, and controls for capture, playback, saving and monitoring can be found on both sides. Shortcuts are available for popular functions and multiple user presets exist to allow for a quick setup.
- Full resolution 4096 2304
- Up to 1,000 fps at 4096 2160
- Phantom CineMag IV recording media (1TB & 2TB)
- 32GB or 64GB of internal memory
- Monitoring: Three main 3G HD-SDI outputs, which can be configured as independent 4:4:4 1080p signals or used together to supply a dual-link 4K output while maintaining a live HD signal
- Viewfinder: A new, high-quality Phantom OLED HD Viewfinder is part of the system. Support for both component and HD-SDI-based viewfinders are included.
- Optional Integrated battery mount supporting industry standard batteries
- Lens mount: Interchangeable between PL and Nikon F/G standards – Canon EF coming soon
- 2 12V and 2 24V accessory outputs
- Both Mac and Windows based software for download and file conversion