mTape is the worlds first Thunderbolt LTO6 drive, enabling users to cost-effectively back up vast amounts of data for archivel purposes.
In this interview, Roger Mabon, mCEO of mLogic, explains the relevance of this technology to video editors. Typically most editors and many production facilities are vulnerable to data loss.
mTape provides a robust archiving solution with 30 years (plus) expectancy using LTO6 tape. This solution is robust, reliable, cost-effective and one of the few affordable solution for long-term archiving. Those who rely on hard drives for archiving do so at your peril.
- Worlds first LTO-6 with Thunderbolt connectivity
- Thunderbolt certified by Apple & Intel
- Supports LTFS for drag and drop functionality
- 2.5 TB native storage capacity per tape cartridge
- Compatible with industry leading backup and archiving software
- Dual Thunderbolt ports enables daisy-chaining of Thunderbolt peripherals
- External SAS port enables writing to two or more LTO drives simultaneously
- Compact, portable form-factor
- DC powered Enables use in any environment
- Mac OSX and Windows compatible
- mTape is also available in a SAS only version
- Ships complete with Fujifilm LT0-6 cartridge, Fujifilm Universal Cleaning Cartridge and Thunderbolt cable