Revealed at NAB 2014, the AJA Cion is a 4K capable camera, which also does Ultra HD, 2K and HD format, directly to Apple ProRes 422 and 444 at up to 4K 60fps or output AJA Raw at up to 4K 120fps.
The CION interface is uncomplicated and can be easily managed from the operator-side.
- Sensor: 4K APS-C sized CMOS sensor with an electronic global shutter. 12-stops of dynamic range.
- Recording Formats and Resolutions: Apple ProRes 4444, Apple ProRes 422 (HQ), Apple ProRes 422, ProRes 422 (LT) and Apple ProRes (Proxy); 4K (4096×2160), Ultra HD (3840×2160), 2K (2048×1080), HD (1920×1080). 2K and HD are hardware scaled from the full 4K sensor for high-quality over-sampled images and retention of field-of-view.
- Media: Record to AJA Pak SSD media available in 256GB and 512GB capacities. Transfer via Thunderbolt or USB3 with optional AJA Pak Dock; Complete 10-bit and 12-bit workflow from HD to 4K.
- Raw Support: Output AJA Raw via 3G-SDI at up to 4K 120 fps or via Thunderbolt at up to 4K 30 fps.
Lens Mount: Industry standard PL mount
- 4× 3G-SDI/HD-SDI outputs (4K/Ultra HD/2K/HD)
- 2× 3G/HD-SDI monitor outputs with overlay support
- 1x HDMI output offering support for 4K and Ultra HD or scaled 2K/HD
- 1x HDMI output for 2K/HD
- 2x mic/line/48v XLR analog audio inputs
- 2x LANC control ports
- 1x LTC input connector
- 1x reference connector
- 1x USB connector
- 1× 10/100/1000 Ethernet LAN connection
- 1x Mini TRS headphone jack
- 1× 4-pin XLR power connector
- 1x input power connector for attaching third-party battery plates
- 1x output power connector
- 1x Thunderbolt connector