On test, the CAME-SINGLE Gimbal, and how this performs on location. See the results, filmed with the Panasonic GX8, with 2 Micro Four Thirds lenses: Panasonic 7-14mm F4 and Panasonic 12-35mm F2.8.
The CAME-SINGLE is one of the first commercially available 3 Axis 32 bit Basecam controlled gimbals to offer brushless motors with Encoders. Encoders are often used in Robotics for highly accurate monitoring of motor position. Some of the benefits of using Encoders are to: prevent motors from losing synchronization and skipping steps, provides important information about frame and camera angles, decreases power consumption (longer battery life), increases Torque, increases precision of stabilization, and more.
Although Brushless Motors with Encoders have been available, the software used to control gimbals have only recently added support for Encoders. The new CAME-SINGLE with Encoder technology is truly advanced when compared to other systems.
The design of the CAME-SINGLE allows for one hand operation. A 1/4 and 3/8 thread is located under the handle for mounting options. The internal rechargeable batteries are fitted inside the pistol grip handle and the built in Joystick can be used for controlling camera positions and for changing modes.
The CAME-SINGLE has a quick release camera plate and is tool-less adjustments for easy and fast camera balancing. The size of the CAME-SINGLE is perfect for mirrorless cameras such as the Panasonic GH4, Sony A7s | A7RII, and BlackMagic Pocket Cinema Cameras.
The CAME-SINGLE has internal rechargeable batteries which allows the CAME-SINGLE to operate for up to 10 hours.
The Dual Gimbal Handles provide gimbal operators smooth camera panning and tilt motions. The tool-less adjustment of the handles provide easy configuration of the desired operating angle and spacing. The handles can also be configured to act as a stand when the handles are positioned right angled to the cross bar. The versatility of the handles allow for stability in while in use and easily converts to a stand for resting and storage.
- Full 3 Axis Stabilisation
- Built in Joystick Control
- 32bit Controller + Brushless Motors with Encoders
- Tool-less Design Easy to Balance + Quick Release Camera Plate System
- New Encoder technology is more efficient. Batteries can operate up 20 hours when fully charged.
- Larger frame than most pistol-grip Gimbal Systems allows cameras to fully Tilt up and down.
- Larger motors when compared to other pistol-grip gimbals.
- 1/4”-20 thread mount on side of handle to support mounting a smartphone or monitor.
- 1/4” and 3/8” threaded mounts under handle; to attach the CAME-SINGLE to different equipment.
- Comes with Hard Flight case.
- Machined Aluminum Lightweight and Durable Build Quality.
- Lightweight for easy carrying. The net weight of the CAME-SINGLE is only 1.2kg
- Max payload 1.2kg (2.6 lbs). Works with Sony A7s, Panasonic GH4, Panasonic GX8, BMPCC, etc.